The where: Crestmont Volkswagen - 730 Route 23 N, Pompton Plains, NJ 07444
The when: May 1 - May 5
The what: Come celebrate the arrival of the all-new Jetta. The 2019 Jetta has a lot to get excited about. Like a fully redesigned interior and exterior, a full set of standard LED headlights, taillights, and daytime running lights, standard App-Connect, and a turbocharged engine. All this before you even pick the color. To check it out, just bring yourself. Jetta will bring the party!
- Jetta is now based off the award-winning MQB architecture
- Sleek coupe-like exterior design features a bold new face
- Upscale driver-centric interior features premium materials and modern design
- 1.4-liter TSI® engine is paired with six-speed manual or eight-speed automatic transmissions
- Jetta S starts at an MSRP of $18,545, lower than the outgoing car despite more standard equipment
- Aluminum-alloy wheels, App-Connect and full LED lighting are standard
- Available driver assistance technology includes: Front Assist, Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Traffic Alert, ACC, Lane Assist, and Light Assist
- Available premium features include: Volkswagen Digital Cockpit, 10-color ambient lighting, panoramic sunroof, heated and ventilated seats, and BeatsAudio® system
- Best-in-class 6-year/72,000-mile People First Warranty
- Award Winning MQB Modular ChassisNew Passive and Active Safety Systems that meet or
- exceed current crash regulations
- Car Net Connectivity Syst
- emMIB 11 Touchscreen System
For the 2019 model year, the Jetta is based on Volkswagen’s Modular Transverse Matrix (MQB) platform architecture. Working with the flexible MQB platform allowed the designers to reshape the body, creating a longer wheelbase, wider track, and a shorter front overhang. The fast-sloping rear roofline translates into a coupe-like profile. Dynamic lines and taut surfaces combine with the new silhouette to give Jetta a look that’s at once elegant, yet athletic.Compared with the current car, the new car grows outside in every direction. It is longer, wider and taller than the outgoing model. The increased exterior proportions add up to more interior space than the previous car as well.
Outside, the all-new Jetta marks an evolution in Volkswagen’s clean and timeless design DNA, with modern lines and a refined appearance. The combination of a large front grille and sharper lines exudes a bold character, while the addition of more chrome and LED lighting lend a premium feel.
The Jetta interior architecture is redesigned, having been engineered for increased comfort while supporting a sophisticated, upscale design. The 2019 Jetta has more headroom, knee room, and shoulder room than the previous car. The trunk space is 14.1 cubic feet and split-folding rear seats (60/40) are standard.
The cockpit is a driver-focused environment, with form following function. Both the instruments and the infotainment system are arranged in an easy-to-read horizontal orientation. Both the infotainment system and the climate-control interface are located on the center console, which is angled towards the driver.
Meanwhile, trapezoidal design elements from the exterior are repeated in the cabin for a touch of sportiness, and premium soft-touch materials are used. The lower instrument panel has a similar horizontal design, with a fine decorative trim strip that runs beneath the cockpit, across the entire instrument panel, and into the doors.